Celebrating excellence with Sarah.
Roisin Cross Silks is delighted to announce that our in house tutor Sarah Foy was awarded 'Bridal Shop of the Year 2012 & 2013'
Over the last 2 years, RCS has become a market leader in the dressmaking arena in Ireland. A vast collection of premium blend silks coupled with top class dress tuition offers students an enjoyable, sociable but most importantly a highly productive environment for learning.
At ROISIN CROSS SILKS you will learn about silk and its evolution from factory to the catwalk. Students will also learn to appreciate silk as a valuable but scarce commodity. Students will get to see the finest silk collection in Ireland as well as being able to witness at first hand dresses from the finest local designers. RCS is known nationwide as being synonymous for the highest quality in silk and this quality extends also to the RCS educational experience. This has inevitably led to an ever increasing demand for places on our dress design course from both new and repeat students.
Our teacher Sarah Foy has a long and distinguished history in the teaching of dress design having spent 7 years as a senior tutor in the Grafton Academy. Sarah therefore understands the dynamics in the classroom and successfully enables students to fulfill their maximum potential. Students also benefit from the personal attention that a class size of only 6 brings. The dress making courses which will be presented by Sarah will be as follows:
- Adult Dressmaking Classes (8 weeks for courses commencing Jan & March. 6 weeks for courses commencing Sept & Nov)
- Pattern Drafting Classes (8 weeks for courses commencing Jan & March. 6 weeks for courses commencing Sept & Nov)
- Dressmaking or Pattern Drafting Intensive Week
- Soft Furnishings Classes 1 Day (Saturday) Choice between Roman Blind or Piped silk cushion)
- Curtain Making - 1 Day demonstration